Trainers: Elizabeth Kim LPC, ATR & Courtney Simpson LPC
Training Date: October 13, 2022
Time: 10am - 11:40am
Description: This 1.5 credit, live webinar was developed for professional counselors and social workers. This course will enhance professionals understanding possessing and practicing the concept of emotional intelligence; learn to assess signs of high and low emotional intelligence; explore the impact of emotional intelligence social, professional and personal functioning; explore the elements of emotional intelligence; understanding how to incorporate emotionally intelligent practices into one’s profession; and discuss methods to develop and maintain high and effective levels of emotional intelligence throughout life
For Webinar: The webinar will be conducted via a Zoom webinar during the day of training. The training will be live and the link to the webinar will be provided to each registrant. On the day of training, you will utilize the link to access the LIVE Webinar Training.
By the End Of This Workshop Participants Will Be Able To:
- Participants will be able to identify high and low Emotional Intelligence
- Participants will be able to describe the impact of Emotional Intelligence on the therapeutic relationship
- Participants will be able to describe the impact of Emotional Intelligence on the brain and social development
- Participants will be able to identify and define the 5 key elements to becoming Emotionally Intelligent
- Participants will be able to implement and apply Emotional Intelligence strategies in their Clinical Practice
Content Level: Beginner to Intermediate
10:00 am | Speaker Introductions, Learning Objectives & Agenda10:15am | What is Emotional Intelligence? | Identifying High/Low Emotional Intelligence
10:30am | The Social Brain
10:45am | Becoming an Emotional Intelligence Clinician
10:50am | The Goleman Framework
10 Minute Break
11:10am | Emotional Intelligence in Practice
11:30 am | Living with Emotional Intelligence
11:35 am| Closing Remarks and Questions
11:40 am | Course Evaluation
Webinar Registration Deadline: 1 day before the training begins
Evaluation For Participants: There will be an evaluation for both in-person and live webinar participants. For in-person, the evaluation will be given at the end of the training and must be completed in order to receive CE credit. For live webinar participants, the evaluation will be emailed to each participant at the end of the training and must be returned the same day via email in order to receive CE credit
System Requirements for Live Webinar through Zoom:
- Operating Systems: Windows XP or higher, MacOS 9 or higher, Android 4.0 or higher with speakers and camera
- Internet Browser: Internet Explorer 9.0 or higher, Google Chrome, Firefox 10.0 or higher
- Broadband Internet connection: Cable, High-speed DSL & any other medium that is internet accessible
- Live webinar available through Zoom.
Refund Policy: Full Refund will be issued for cancellations made 72 hours prior to the training. Otherwise, training fee is transferable and can be used for a future training date.
Course Completion Requirements: SW must fully attend the course and complete an evaluation which must be turned in to receive CE credit. Upon completion, attendees will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course. For those taking the Live Webinar, the certificate will be emailed once the evaluation is received.
If you have additional questions or comments, please call 240-324-6524 or email [email protected]
Social workers, we have applied for (1.5) credits for this course through ASWB ACE.